Saturday, March 04, 2006

Aslan is on the Move

What happened today was amazing. Particularly after my post last night. I went to work at 8 this morning. My boss said he was telling his wife about how I may be going to Colorado Springs for an internship and he
once again said that I deserve to get the internship because I am good. And I kid you not, he then said, "I know bad things happen to good people but good things happen to good people too." For a moment I just kind of stood there feeling really weird. Did that just happen? Did he just say that? Once it finally sunk in that he said what he did I kept saying to myself, "no way." And for awhile I couldn't stop smiling. Because as you have read that was exactly the same issue I was talking
about and the same words.

So what does it mean? Was God really talking to me? I believe he was. However I'm unclear as to why. Maybe he was saying, I am not ignorant of both sides of the coin, I know all truth. And he wanted me to know that. But what doesn't make sense is why he wanted me to know that so bad. It seems as if God wanted to tell me something it would be something else. But God's ways are mysterious.

I read Psalm 50 during my quiet time last night. It really came alive to me. It is such a beautiful Psalm. I love this, "For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine." He goes on to say that the wicked make themselves God by making up their own rules. He then tells us to abide by his rules or he will tear us to pieces.

These two things were pretty amazing revelations. Their exact relevance to my life and who exactly they're intended for I don't know. But I am supremely honored that the King of all stopped to speak to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so cool Jeremy! Thanks for writting about it so that we can all experience it. Aslan truly is on the move.
We are coming to see you this weekend!!!I cant wait!
I love you!

Love Michelle