Sunday, June 15, 2008

Generous Germans

We're staying with Bryan's friend Hendrick and his family in Essen Germany. It's been a very nice experience staying with a family again. There's something to be said about both traveling independently as well as staying with a host. Of course you really get a better apreciation for the culture when staying with a resident.

The family with which we're staying is extremly generous. Giving us food, international phone time, internet, paying for bus tickets, concert tickets doing our laundry for us and the list goes on. Great people. I don't know if they're Christians or not. I hope we can get into a spiritual convo before we leave.

People in Europe seem to eat so much! At least they eat for a long period of time. I don't really like it because it seems like we could be getting a lot more done in the day if we'd just eat and get on with the day. But Europe's greater emphasis on family could be attributed to how long they spend with each other around the table.

Sorry for not posting more or sharing more thoughts but I just don't have time for doing much of anything on my own.

Happy Father's Day to my Dad. Sorry I can't be there to celebrate. Thanks for all you do.

3 comments:

Edmund de Trois said...

Indeed, the Germans are exceedingly generous. I had a great time with you all. Hope the rest of your time goes as well.

Unknown said...

This is awesome man! I wish I could be there. When you get back you and Sean will have to show me the pictures

Doc4Him said...

Thanks for the Father's Day wish! We'll be anxious (in a positive sense) to hear all about your trip! Have a great return flight.