Saturday, January 21, 2006

-b-a-l-^-n-c-e-

Hello all,

I don't have much energy to type nor do I feel like I have much of interest to say. The past two days have been great in general but I don't want to just tell what happened I want to explain how I feel about them. I don't have any great thoughts about them which is why I hesitated to even post tonight. But I will at least briefly summarize what has been happening and see what else comes to mind.

Yesterday afternoon I took one of my friends to get some coffee in town. Her name is Courtney Moore. She's not in choir this semester so we haven't been seeing as much of each other so we decided to get together yesterday. I was slightly concerned about it being to much of a date in either of our minds since it was one on one. But I felt like it turned out really well. We had good conversation, from relationships to the power of music to contentment in our lives. I've seen Courtney in different circumstances and the way she can be rather head strong. But when she was with me she let me lead the conversation and did many other things which showed her respect for me. It was thoughtful and nice of her.

Last night I hosted a small get together in my room for open dorms. Leah, Christi, Dawn, Snorri, Jeremiah Christie, and my suite mate Ben all came. I bought drinks and the game Clue and borrowed Gestures. We played games, listened to music, and watched Smallville. It was a very intimate, comfortable time with good people in my life.

This morning I got coffee again with many of the same people from last night. We decided to go to CIty Coffee and attempt to study. It as well was heaps of fun.

One thing that has been on my mind lately is what my close friends and I talk about when together. We don't often talk about spiritual matters. And I feel like we as Christians are selfish for dominating the conversation with matters that are so trivial and temporary. I think I am at fault in this area as I haven't taken the initiative to steer conversations toward eternal subjects. I think I read this, it is so easy to allow our conversation to be meaningless. Sure there is time for goofing off and being carefree, but we probably do it too much. Yet another area of life which is a balancing act.

No comments: