Thursday, April 20, 2006

Twin Connection

I was reading the Etude and it inspired me to post. Man, I don't know who that author is but she certainly leads an interesting life!

I've been listening to these Discovery Channel radio broadcasts lately. They're usually pretty interesting. I listened to one called, "Miracle Chasers" in which they investigated what were thought to be miracles and tried to explain them scientifically. They investigated the connection between twins. Apparently there is this bizzare phenomenon in which twins will feel the same thing even though they arephysically separated. For instance, one twin will sprain her ankle and the other will feel pain in her foot. They tested this on two twins by putting one twins hand in cold water or popping a balloon in the presents of one twin. In each case the second twin who was located in another room would have a heart rate increase as these things took place.

Can any twins out there vouch for these strange happenings?

I need to go eat. Hopefully I'll continue to post every now and then, though it be short and pointless.

1 comment:

Russ said...

My ESP connection is telling me that right now, she is thinking, "Oh no, he's telling someone that dumb joke about ESP again."

But it could just be me.