Monday, May 22, 2006

Internin it up

It was a good weekend. On Saturday I went to Cave of the Winds with Christi and two other interns. It was really fun. It's nice because, as interns, we're all going through the same type of experience together. So we can relate to each other's concerns or questions and general ups and downs. It's similar to the relationship between a freshman class at college or a study abroad trip. I think there are supposed to be more coming today but so far I only know Christi, Laura and Amanda. Amanda goes to school at Pensacola (sp?). Yes, the infamous legalistic extremists. But Amanda seems normal. Not too conservative really. Laura also goes to school in Florida but I forget where. Neither of them are in the Creative Department.

So anyway I drove us all to Cave of the Winds. We also walked around in a small town nearby while we were waiting for the cave tour. After all of that I drove Christi back to her house and helped her move to her second house. For some reason her host couldn't keep her all six weeks. Her car is having problems so I have been taking her everywhere. I don't really mind. We're usually hanging out anyway so its not a big deal.

Sunday morning we (the four of us) went to Woodmen Valley Chapel which is not far from where I live. It was an interesting church. I really liked it for the most part. It's a big church with several campuses. They had a live feed linking all the campuses so sometimes we were being lead by the worship leader at the other campus but still singing along with instruments at our campus. And they would switch between the campuses as if it was a news broadcast. "OK back to you Jim." I was pleased to find out the sermon was live from our campus (too bad for the others). It was really pretty weird. It was especially weird (and comical) when we were clapping for something going on at the other campus. I couldn't help but think to myself, "Who are you trying to kid?" and "Why are we clapping?" Anyway, the service as a whole was excelent.

I would love to talk more but I have to go. Hopefully I'll be getting my computer back soon. If God wills it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»