Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I've never even been outside the Palace walls...

You know those days when nothing you do seems to bring fulfillment? This is one of those days. At least ever since I got off work at 2. Of course I took a nap which was pleasant. And I read a little. Nothing I can think of brings excitement. I realize this is of course a purely selfish state but nevertheless it is a state I find myself in. I find it easiest in this state to not care about what I do as much. In other words I have the potential of slipping into sin easier.

I would like to meet Paul from the Bible. He seemed to have things together. I love what he said about finding contentment in whatever situation he's in. It'd be great to have an attitude of disregard for this world and focused so fully on the greater cause of God's Kingdom. Maybe someday I'll have that attitude. Like when I die. hehe

So we were having BS this morning (Bible Study of course). We have one every morning. Sometimes just with our group and sometimes the whole department. Anyway, this guy was sharing a prayer request about he and his son going with a group to Alaska to go bear hunting. And we were discussing how dangerous bears are. And this lady spoke up and said something like, "Yeah that's why there's a law against bears having the right to bear arms." We all had a good laugh.

Oh I have to go! I just thought of something to do -- calibrate my monitor.

Don't worry, if I don't get help at Charter I'll get help somewhere. ; )

6 comments:

Russ said...

You know about the Minuteman fence down in Arizona and Texas, right? They are trying to build it for about $150 per linear foot.

Of course, they could do it for about $90 if they used immigrant labor.

Jeremy said...

You know, Mexicans really do a lot of good for this country.

Anonymous said...

Not arguing with you at all. I just thought it might be funny, somehow. It seemed to be related to the right to bear arms.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»