Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Classes, Busses, Career

This one might not be as long. I'm pretty tired, even though it's only 10:30. I never take naps anymore so I get tired early. But it's kind of nice because than I can get up fairly easily in the morning.

Today was good. My Theology class looks like it will be good. A lot of potential learning. Same with with my Video Production class. They don't really look like that much work. I mean it'll be work but nothing unbearable like some classes.

I had to use the busses again today. It's kind of a long story and one that doesn't really matter. But basically I had some classes at odd times so I wanted to come home early and leave again. As a result I had to use some busses that I don't normally take because it doesn't come in the middle of the day. Anyway it was kind of another adventure. A little worrisome at times but it added to my confidence and trust in God.

I didn't count on so much traffic when I left for my evening class. So I was about 12 minutes late. I'll make it next time. I felt bad because this school has a VERY strict attendance/punctuality policy.

I got an email from Michelle today. It was really great. I enjoyed it. I love her so.

During my Video Editing class I started day dreaming about the path I'm on in school and whether this is really what I want to be doing with the rest of my life. I'm starting to realize my lack of passion for this field. Which I think is very important in deciding a career. The problem is I don't have a passion for much, at least not stuff that will make me money. Don't get me wrong, this field can still be fun. And I don't plan on copping out on this major. Sometimes I can picture myself doing media type stuff but really only with cool people. That's like the only way I could do anything and have passion. People are what make life meaningful. People and God. It's all about relationships.

Anyway, I just need to get with a/some/a group of people that I enjoy being with and do something with them (most anything really) that can be counted as a career.

Sorry if I'm confusing or depressing.

Clare de Lune is heavenly. Give it a listen sometime.

OK so it's not possible for me to type a short blog entry. Have a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It sounds like you're having a great time in Australia. Glad to hear that. I can relate to a lot of the things you're feeling/experiencing. Life in a different country is so... Different. Anyway, I'm praying for you.

Joshua Matlack