Sunday, July 25, 2004

Homestay Arrival

Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. I got I only slept for maybe a few hours on the plain (at least that's what it seemed like). Neither the school nor the people at the school are quite what I had imagined. To be blunt, it's not as glamorous as I thought. But that's fine, it's a nice little school and the people are extremely nice. They have very strict attendence policies. Like if you miss more than you're allowed you flunk the class. This has apparently even happened to a couple ASC students last year.

Catherine Gail, whom I had been emailing about my classes and such, was nothing close to who I had imagined in my minds eye. I had pictured a nice middle aged woman when in reality she is about my age.

I can tell this group is going to be great to get to know. I already feel like I've gotten to know some of the guys and even girls pretty well. And I've only known them for one day (one very long day). It will be great to get to know them even better as the days go on. Especially some of the girls if you know what I mean.

My worries with Darren have seem to gone away. All day we haven't really talked much and I was worried maybe he was sort of avoiding me. But as it turns out it was all in my head. When we met Wendy (our hostess) he seemed to be very excited and not in the least bit upset at me.

When we first met Wendy Darren and I were both very excited. I can't really explain it. I guess we realized how great of an opportunity this was. Wendy is as nice as can be. Jon, her son, is also nice. He seems like kind of a nerd because he plays computer games a lot and apparently doesn't get out much. But hey, what's wrong with that?

No comments: