Monday, July 26, 2004

Reality Sets in a Bit

Today I experienced a little bit more of what I think
the rest of the semester here will be like. In other
words, I experienced a little of "the honeymoon's
over" syndrome. It's not like it was a bad day, it
just wasn't as glamorous as the weekend has been.

Darren and I took the L03 to school. It's nice because
it stops right outside our house and goes pretty close
to the Wesley Institute. But today was different than
it will be (at least I hope) in that we over shot our
destination by a few stops. So we walked about a mile
or so back to the school. It was all good though
because we gave ourselves enough time to make errors
like that. Man Darren walks fast!. I was pretty tired
by the time we got back. My first class went well. Not
really much to it. Just a lot of sitting and
listening. But it was cool because it was a class that
the ASC students have to take, so we knew each other.

Today after class, a bunch of us needed some stuff
from the store so we went to Target together. I needed
an alarm clock. Once again it was a pretty fun time
being Mr. Independent and getting to know others by
sharing experiences with them.

Afterwards I wanted to go back home and everyone else
I guess had another class so they went back to the
school. I decided to be brave and try to find my way
back home. When I initially separated from the group I
was being all self confident and stuff, but later I
realized that that probably wasn't the wisest
decision. I was slightly worried but not overly. I
think I'm somewhat becoming more confident in God by
becoming more self confident. That might sound weird,
but for me I think it's a plus to be more self
confident as I view myself as lacking in that area.

Anyway, after asking a few people I found my way home.
It was such a great feeling. I was proud of myself.
I'm realizing more and more that what my wise father
has said many times is true. And that is that we're
all pretty much in the same boat. People will help you
out along the way if you just ask. Do you're best,
that's all.

Nothing really notable happened for the rest of the
day.

I forgot to mention something yesterday. You know that
part on the Matrix where Neo walks past that lady in
the red dress in the Matrix? Well, I saw right were
that was filmed. Kinda cool. Also, the highway chase
seen in the second Matrix film was filmed right
outside Sydney. They apparently built a strip of
highway just for the movie. And I'm told it's still
there not being used. Maybe I'll get to see it sometime.



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

No comments: