Friday, September 03, 2004

Father of Lights

I'm so excited! Tomorrow I'm leaving for choir tour. It's going to be
so great. We get to ride in a big coach bus and stay with families. And
I have a great book (The Testament) and great music
and new Chuck Missler stuff to listen to. And it'll be cool to get to
know people better. Like it seems like the girls are the only mature
ones. But I guess there are guys I haven't talked with much yet.

Darren's already gone to Cans (sp?) so it's kind of boring around here.
And I didn't have classes today so that didn't help. But I did get a
lot done on my video dissection assignment which is due the week after
I get back. So I felt good about that.

I rode my bike to the mall today. It was nice to get out of the house.
Most of the roads are pretty busy. You're not supposed to ride on the
sidewalk so I tried to ride on the road most of the time. It was kind
of scary but also exciting to ride amongst all the traffic. Don't worry
Mom, I had a helmet on. It's the law here. But it was fun. I was Mr.
Independent.

I had to get a Bow Tie for choir and a birthday card for Wendy amongst
other things. I hate getting cards. None of them are very satisfying.

I had wanted to go see "The Village" today. It came out yesterday here.
But I decided to stay home and make sure I have everything ready for
tomorrow. I can't wait.

I was reading in James last night. Chapter 1 verse 17 stuck out to me.
It says, "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation
or shifting shadow." Doesn't that just sound awesome? Particularly
"Father of lights." I wonder what exactly that means. I'll bet there's
so much more to it than just 'father of good things' or something like
that. I wonder what relationship between light and God there really is.
Light, as studied by physicists, has never been understood. And also,
time. It seems to me that light, God, and time must somehow all work
together.

Have you ever wondered if God IS light? I don't mean just like a figure
of speech, but really light? Like maybe some part of His being is light
as we know it. That's perhaps why it's so weird and hard to understand.

I called Michelle last night to wish her a happy birthday. It was
really good to talk with her. I miss her so. She seems so aware. More
than I was at that age.

To my family, have a good trip.

To Sean, I'm praying for you.

To all, have a good week. I'll be back this time next week.

No comments: