Thursday, September 02, 2004

Michelle's Birthday

First of all I want to wish my sister Michelle a happy 12th birthday.
It is really hard to believe she's twelve already. I love her so much
and am very proud of her. I wish I could give her a big hug right now.
XOXOXOXO

I had to get up early today for choir practice. I always look forward
to it. It's usually pretty fun. I still don't feel like we know our
songs well enough. But it'll have to do. You could tell Dr. Johnston,
the director wasn't feeling very good about how much we knew the songs.
He kind of had this worried look and didn't say much. We really need
like another week of practicing. Oh well, as they say, no worries.

I read in the news the other day about the bus bombing in Israel. When
I saw the pictures it was almost eery to me because the bus looked
exactly like the kind I ride every day. I started to think about what
it would be like to have that happen. Obviously I can't fully imagine
it because terrorism is so foreign to me personally. It's always so
distant and unreal when it's on TV. But this time it hit a little bit
closer to home.

I was talking with a girl named Amber today about what we're doing for
breaks and about when we're leaving. We started talking about how sad
it will be to leave. Like we've gotten to know so many people and when
we leave we will probably never see them again. Most of them live on
the coasts. And we'll probably never be able to all get together as a
group again. Man it's really depressing to think about. Not counting
the breaks, next week will be the half way point. Unbelievable.

I checked out "The Testament" by John Grisham at the school library.
I've read a few chapters. It's really good so far. It's a monster of a
book though. Hopefully I can finish it before it's due back (I'm a slow
reader).

Tomorrow night will probably be the last time I'll post before choir
tour. I don't think I'll be able to post while I'm away unless I decide
to take my computer and find a place to hook up. However I will try to
write my thoughts in some way and then post them when I get back. That
won't be till Friday night of next week though.

Have a wonderful Birthday Michelle. I love you.

No comments: