Tuesday, November 02, 2004

"Call Sean," said I. And so I did.

I must say, the highlight of my day was talking with Sean on
the phone this afternoon. It was great to hear about his tour
and what's been happening in his life. I really can't wait to
visit him when I get back. I'm going to try hard to get free time
to drive up there in December. Maybe I could take Tyson or
Tanner with me. That'd be really fun.

Today in my theology class we discussed gender roles and
issues surrounding that issue. That issue with like the head
coverings and woman in church has always been kind of a
daunting issue for me. I've never really felt like I could every
get my brain around all of the different ideas regarding that
issue. I suppose I should do research and figure out what I
believe. Particularly if I plan on getting married.

Cali is so smart. During class she'll be bringing up all these
different points about what a certain verse means in the
greek or something else deep. She seems to be at an
intelligence level (or two) higher than the rest of the class
including myself. As a result I always feel kind of dumb
talking with her. It's kind of intimidating but at the same time
admirable. She's always extremely nice to me though, so I
guess that helps.

No comments: