Thursday, November 11, 2004

Off to New Zealand

I'm at the Drummoyne house for the night. I'm leaving with
Shannon for New Zealand in the morning. I'm so excited
about it. Darren just called here and said how beautiful of
a place it is. Derrick's been having some complications.
He's originally from Kenya and for some reason he has to
have a Visa for New Zealand while the rest of us Americans
don't. He was planning on going with Darren this morning
but wasn't able to because he didn't have a visa. So he's
been running around all day trying to figure out how to get it
and how he's going to get to New Zealand. I think he'll be able
to make it tomorrow night though. Lord willing.

Today was our very last choir practice. It's all over. All we did
for practice was sing requested songs and David said some
words and we prayed some. It was very good. Wondrous Cross
was very emotional. Unfortunately I don't feel like I'm as close to
some of the choir people because I don't see them as much.
That kind of makes me sad. I spend more time with American
friends these days.

Yesterday evening I was so busy trying to get everything ready
for the trip. And when I started doing my quiet time I realized how
fast my mind was racing and how consumed it was of New
Zealand plans. I feel like I've been putting God on the back burner
lately. I can fully tell when I'm not as close to Him. Something just
isn't right. So I tried to slow down last night and I talked with Him
about it. I'm grateful that He is always there for me. I know that's
said so many times. But it really is amazing that He remains
despite our attitude towards Him.

I wish I had a mindset that was less focused on this world. Every
now and then I do get that idea and I'm just like, "Nothing really
matters here, why worry so much." But it doesn't last that long
unfortunately.

Well, unless I'm able to find a place to connect to the internet in
New Zealand, I won't be posting until the 20th. Take care.

No comments: