Thursday, November 04, 2004

Memory

Today I had somewhat of a frustrating day. Mainly because
the computer projects I was working on at school didn't go
very smoothly. It seemed like it was one thing after another
that went wrong. Both with my video project and my
multimedia project.

But something very interesting happened today during my
multimedia class. I was getting really tired of working on
my project and I was pretty much done with what I knew
how to do. So I opened up the iTunes music store and
listened to samples of some Sixpence None the Richer
songs. I don't know why I thought of listening to it, but I felt
the urge for it. I hadn't listened to that album in ages.

As soon as I started listening to the songs I immediately
experienced a very real, intense memory of this past summer
of when Sean and I would go to class at KWU and then
house sit in the evenings. We listened to that CD a lot during
that time. It was so amazing how powerful of a feeling I got
from just hearing those songs. That type of thing has happened
to me before, as I'm sure it has you. But this time was so intense,
it's like I could recall every single emotion I was experiencing
during that time. It felt like I was immediately transported to that
time and place as soon as I heard the music. It made me homesick.

It's amazing what information the mind holds.

I'm sure I can't portray what I felt during this experience. And it may
have even sounded a little strange to you. But hopefully you can
relate a little.

No comments: