Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Steak and Fellowship

Today was Wednesday so we had the morning off. I couldn't sleep in very much though. When I first woke up I was kind of cranky. Something just wasn't right. I don't know what it was, but I was just kind of frustrated with life straight away this morning. I kept thinking of all the stuff I had to get done, with school and stuff. So I prayed that God would give me peace and calm me. And when we left the house that morning, I felt heaps better already. I didn't even give God credit or realize what He'd done till this evening.

Last night Darren and I decided to make ourselves bacon and eggs for breakfast, just for fun. So we did that and it helped to brighten the morning. We had fun with Darren's video camera on the way to school. We took it on the bus and just did random stuff. It was fun.

Darren and I decided this morning to invite a bunch of people over to cook steaks for them. Darren's sister sent him some Texas steak seasoning and we had been wanting to use it for awhile. So we invited a bunch of people. I was afraid too many people would show up but it worked out really well. We had enough steaks and everything. I even made a salad all by myself. I was pretty proud of it.

Wendy was gone at work all evening so she didn't/doesn't know it even happened. It was a fun time. I was kind of hoping a couple other people could come, but I guess it was too late of notice. I told Cali about it when we first got to school and she sounded all excited about it like she was going to come. But she didn't, I guess she got held up in the city or something.

The people who did come were, Amber, Liz, Angie, Cassie, Heather, and Dan. And Jon, Darren and I. All we did was eat, watch the elections, and play pictionary. It was a good night. I was proud of Darren and I for be able to host and cook for all those people. Especially on such short notice.

I'll try to post some pics of the party.

No comments: