Sunday, October 10, 2004

Disappointing

We went to Wesley Mission for church. It was a really good
sermon. I think I might start going there more often. We went
to a mall nearby and ate lunch, then went back to the church
for our choir concert. We only sang two songs, Brighter Day
and Shackles. I was kind of disappointed with the whole
experience for several reasons. I wanted my family to hear
more of our songs. The two we did were up beat and not that
challenging musically.

I was also disappointed because it just didn't feel like choir
tour. We seemed to have lost the feeling of oneness that we
had on tour. It's hard to describe, but there's no other feeling
like it.

I guess what made it disappointing was my high expectations.
I was thinking things would be all great and we would sing
all these fun songs and show my family at the same time. But
It that's not how things worked out. Oh well. Things will be
better.

When we got home later, we played Pictionary with Jon, his
friends Joel and Matt, Darren, my family and I. It was really pretty
fun. Joel is such a funny guy. He makes all these sarcastic
comments and then just laughs really hard at his own jokes.
Good times.

This blog isn't as good when you are writing to people who you
live with. I've kind of had to limit what I say because I know my
family will read this later. I'm not quite as free.

Sorry if I've made this point before. I've had another one of
those days where I've come to experience the reality of sin
in our everyday lives. By that I mean the effects of sin. Namely,
how things and people will let you down. Nothing but that which
comes from God will last forever and will never let you down.
Today I guess I've experienced how people will let you down
in particular. I'm thinking of the choir. It's not like they've done
anything wrong. They're just not perfectly dependable. God is.
He's who I need to lean on. Mentally, physically and spiritually.
That's why I get so tired with dealing with things which aren't
dependable. Why can't we just jump to perfection in heaven?
That's not for me to decide or complain of I suppose.

No comments: