Thursday, October 14, 2004

Memories

After classes yesterday, Darren, Dan, Angie, Rebecca, and I
went over to Heather and Cassie's to swim. They live at a
homestay at an apartment place with a pool. It was so hot
yesterday. I think it got up to 100. It was fun to swim, but of
course the sun went down before we got in. After we swam
we ate there and then looked at pictures/video of Heather,
Cassie, and Darren's trip to Melbourne and Brisbane. It was
really fun to watch the video because they were always doing
stupid/funny stuff for the camera. It was quite entertaining.

I really like reading. I wish I could do it more. I'm still working
on The Testament. It's really fun to be in another world. When
you get tired of your own world, books are a good way to go to
others.

I'm leaving for the Jenolan caves with the ASC group tomorrow.
I don't really feel like going. I just want to stay home and relax.
But I guess it might be fun. I'm also a little worried about doing
the Adventure Caving Tour because apparently there are parts
where you have to crawl through on your stomach. And there
are no lights except the ones on your helmet. I'm not terribly
excited about doing that. But hopefully it won't be a big deal. I'll
pray about it.

Today it was really hot again. Up until about 1 or 2 when it got
cloudy and nice and cool. It felt so good after the heat. It was kind
of windy and looked like a storm. It reminded me of Colorado
weather for some reason. Which in turn reminded me of Horn Creek -
the family camp we go to every year. It made me long to be there.

To be with family, with no worries. Not that I have many worries here.
That's just a comforting memory I have.

No comments: