Sunday, October 24, 2004

Last Choir Concert :(

I had a weird experience last night. I slept walked. All I
remember is finding myself at my door trying in vain to
slide my door open. It's a normal door that opens with a
handle but I was trying to push and slide it open.
Somehow in the process I slid the shelves on top of my
desk over. Fortunately I didn't push it very far otherwise
the whole thing would have come down with a crash. I
remember finally feeling the door knob and feeling very
relieved and wondering why I had forgotten how to open
the door. It was like I sort of woke up a little bit more. So
I just went back to bed.

The only reason I remembered it was because I saw the
shelves out of place. Then the experience all came back
to me. It's weird how that whole experience was laying
dormant in my mind until it was triggered by what I saw.
The mind is so mysterious. Anyway, I just wanted to share
that strange experience with you.

Yesterday I had planned to go surfing with my friend. He
just transfered to Hillsong University from JBU. So that's
how I know him. And I haven't had a chance to see him yet.
But unfortunately he wasn't able to make it. It was such a
perfect day for it too! I was disappointed.

So instead I just stayed home all day and read and watched
a movie and stuff. It was nice for a while but then it got boring.
I was going to call the Concord house to see what they were
up to. But I don't really feel that comfortable with just going
over there by myself. Especially since there are few guys there.
Plus Gladiator was on TV so I just decided to be lazy and watch
that. Awesome movie by the way.

Today we had out last choir concert. At least the last full concert.
It was kind of sad. But I've learned not to expect it to be like choir
tour again. I don't think it'll ever be like that again. There's just
something that happens between a group of people when they
spend that much time together. I'll never forget what a blessing
choir tour was to me.

Anyway, the show went pretty well. There was no band because
the church wasn't big enough for it. So it was really weird trying
to sing our gospel upbeat songs without the band. Couldn't really
get into it very well. And sometimes there were these weird pauses
where the band was supposed to fill in. It was comical at times
because everyone (in the choir) would just like wait quietly,
listening to the band part in their heads. It made me laugh.

It also makes me laugh when Jaygo, the guy behind me, slurs his
notes up to the correct note. Know what I mean? Like if the note's
a high D he'll start maybe on a G and slide up to the D. It's hilarious
at times. Especially when you can predict it. I think it's just a bad
habit he's gotten into.

I apologize for the great length of this post. Heaps of stuff happens
to me and I gotta tell somebody! :)

No comments: