Monday, October 04, 2004

Lovely Meaning

I had another full day with my family again today. We
went to the zoo and took a tour of the Opera house.
Man that main auditorium where the symphony plays
is incredible. It's a beautiful design. I really really want
to go to Mozart Requiem in November. I think Sean
played Mozart Requiem in an ensemble once. I've
heard it's really beautiful. And I'm sure it'll will be a
fabulous show at the Opera house. My only wish is
that Sean could go with me.

You ever have those moments where you have an
enhanced sense of the reality of God? I had one today.
I can't explain it. It's like a switch was turned on in my
mind where I all of a sudden realized that God is real
and that he is watching. Obviously I know this to be true
in my head, but something made it real in the depths of
my soul. The moment didn't last long.

I'm not that weird, really.

I can have all the toys, all the knowledge, all the fame,
all the sex, all the riches in the world but unless I have
a relationship that is meaningful, than life is meaningless.
I can't stress this fact enough. Day after day, God reveals
this truth to me. Relationships are where its at. I suppose
that is what will make heaven what it is.

Spend 99 cents on iTunes and buy "Lack of Color" by
"Death Cab For Cutie." This is a secular band that has
found the truth stated above. And this song shows it. It's
an amazing song that I just can't get enough of.

I suppose even more than a meaningful relationship, life
is made good through love. As the bible says, without love
I have nothing. I am nothing. God realized this when he
created us. And He certainly proved it to be true through
His own love for us.

No comments: