Friday, October 22, 2004

God's Reminder

I've had a long day. I didn't have classes so I stayed home
pretty much all day except this evening. I worked on my
2000 word paper and finally got it done. It took forever.
It wouldn't have been so bad if I would of had enough to
talk about. But I ran out about half way through. I didn't
have much to say on the topic in the first place and it was
supposed to be a lot of personal observation. Eventually I
thought of enough stuff though.

I spent a lot more time with Jon today because we were
both home all day together. He's pretty fun to be with. It's
fun to sit and watch TV and talk about all sorts of stuff.
Sounds kinda dumb. But it's just a time where we can
both just be ourselves. We have fairly similar interests
so it's cool to chat.

This evening I went with Jon to his friends house. It was an
interesting experience. There was a lot of drinking and
smoking. Basically we just hung out around the pool table
the whole time. Fortunately I wasn't there for too long. It
certainly wasn't a very comfortable place. The people were
all really nice and all, but I didn't know anyone except Jon so
it wasn't very fun.

I read a story about Nebuchadnezzar (the King in Daniel) last
night in my quiet time. It was a story about God humbling him
because he started thinking he and his kingdom was greater
than he/it was. It seemed to speak to me in some way. After
king Neb was humbled by God he said speaking of God, "He
is able to humble those who walk in pride." That phrase stuck
out to me. It reminded me to remain humble before God and
give God the credit not myself. It's a simple thought, but God
seemed to speak to me through that story. It felt more powerful
than it normally does when reading the Bible. That's why I
wanted to mention it.

No comments: