Sunday, October 31, 2004

An Unsafe God

Today was a long day. It was pretty uneventful until this evening.
I mostly read the Chronicles of Narnia and worked some on my
theology paper. The Chronicles of Narnia is really good. It can
be doll at times but usually it's pretty entertaining. I love the parts
when Lewis talks about Aslan. The way he describes him is
always a very powerful analogy for Jesus. He used the words
"terrible" and "beautiful" to describe Him. That stuck out to me.
He also said that He's not safe, which also made an impression
on me. They are interesting ways of describing God. It really
makes you think about the nature of God.

Tonight was a costume party and the Drummoyne house. It was
kind of in place of Halloween. Pretty much all of the ASC students
were there and a bunch of Aussies too. I didn't dress up as anything.
But I wasn't the only one so I didn't feel bad. Mostly we just stood
around and talked and ate. But there was also pumpkin carving
and bobbing for apples. Towards the end some people watched
a movie and some danced. It was fun to watch. They wanted me
to join but I really didn't feel comfortable doing it. I did a tiny bit
though. It probably would have been fun if I would have just let
loose. But I didn't feel like it. The music wasn't that great either so
it was hard to get into it.

Anyway, I'm glad I went. As always it was really fun to talk with
friends. I know I still have a month here, but I just can't get it out
of my head that I'll be leaving everyone soon. I guess I shouldn't
worry about it and just enjoy the time I have.

No comments: