Tuesday, August 03, 2004

God is Good

Sorry I haven't posted any pics like I said. I'm still trying to figure
out how to do it.

Today was a very long day. I got up at 6:30 in order to walk down
the street to catch the free shuttle to the school. I think that'll work
out, so I won't have to take the city but more than about 2 or 3 times
a week.

I had theology class today. It's interesting. Right now we're talking
about man and the different parts that he's made up of - Body, Soul
and Spirit according to one theory. So far we haven't gotten into
anything too controversial. But we will soon get into whether or not
one can loose their salvation. It should be interesting.

Man I'm really tired right now. I'd just like to say that PFR is
probably
the best band that has ever existed in the history of mankind. If
you haven't heard them... man you haven't lived. The song "Forever"
hits me every time I hear it. It basically talks about being able to be
with Jesus and embrace forever. Our tears will forever be gone.
I know it sounds clique and common. But if you'd stop and think about
how amazing that'll be... sigh.

OK I want you to stop reading this where ever you are. Think about
the fact that we as Christians will someday be face to face with the
one who made mountains, who hung the stars in the sky.

I can not wait.

I'm so thankful to God right now. Every time I think about where I am
and all the great experiences I've had and am having, I get all excited
again. God is good to me.

Another example of God's goodness to me is found in my sister,
Michelle. I love her so much. She's so good to me. She encourages
me and tells me things like I'll be a good Dad someday. It makes me
feel good. I can tell she believes in me even when I don't. I hope my
poor attitude about life that I have sometimes doesn't rub off on her.
But I don't think it will because she's too smart for that. She already
seems to have a zeal for life that I never had. I'm so thankful for
her.

When Leslie and Brittany came over last night we were talking about
our families. I tried to tell them how much I appreciate my sister.
They (at least Leslie) seemed to have trouble understanding my
feelings. As if the idea was somewhat foreign to her that one could
love their sibling so much. I don't think she came from the most
warm fuzzy family. I guess that's why. It proved to me once again
that I have been extremely blessed in this life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17639

Better keep that iPod under wraps.