Sunday, August 22, 2004

A Lost Mate

I went to an extension of the Hillsong church today. The same
one I went to last week. It was once again very loud. It was
rather charismatic. More than I remember. Like there'd be
times when everyone would just cheer and clap and yell. If
they were songs I knew I think that I would like it more. I want
to find a more traditional church. There's bound to be one in
the area. The pastor emphasized our ability to be what we
want to be. And how we shouldn't restrict ourselves to become
what we want. He loosely based it on a passage in the Bible.
It seems as if he needs to take his lessons more directly from
the Bible and less from the voices of the politically correct crowds
of society.

Jon, my homestay brother is a nice guy. Whenever we first meet
in the morning he greets me saying something like, "How you
going mate?" Whenever I leave for school he says, "See you
later mate, have a good one." He's always very kind to me. He's
letting me borrow his suit for choir (which fits very well btw, thank
God). He always seems to have an attitude of helping me out and
showing me or correcting me kindly when I'm not doing something
right. He's never condescending and always talks in a way that
makes me feel like he genuinely wants to help me out. Even when
I've put the bottle in the trash instead of the recycle bin or played
stupid move after stupid move in chess. I know this is probably
sounding dumb, but there's something about him that stands out.
I think he must be gifted in the area of teaching.

However he is very lost spiritually speaking. He often does things
with his friends which I know aren't pleasing to God. I don't want
to go into detail of what he does. There's no reason to. I just want
to mention that he needs prayer. And that he makes me sad.

No comments: