Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Tuesdays are Long

I took the bus to school with Darren today. I'll be doing that most
every school day now, since the school will be paying. I'm so glad that
matter is taken care of.

Taking the bus everyday, you start to recognize everyone on it and
where they get on and off. I suppose by the end of the semester I'll be
able to tell you exactly when people get on and off. It's kind of
interesting watching people on the bus. I'm not sure what it is. It's
like we're all in this together. Trying to get to our destinations as
fast as possible. It's like the part of our day in between our real
lives. I find it interesting to think about what everyone might be
thinking. We're probably all worried about keeping a face that shows
that we have it all together.

So today was my really long day. I had class from 9 to 12 and then from
6 to 8. So I have a long waiting time in between. I brought my computer
and a book. It wasn't too bad. I kept myself entertained. I went to a
music practice room to learn my part in our choir song. It was kind of
weird at first to sing in a room, alone. It's kind of like talking in
the middle of the forest with no one around. It just seems weird. And
what if someone were to hear you. Anyway, I made good progress in
learning my part. It was actually kind of fun. I decided to pull out my
computer and record myself with Garage Band. You might laugh, but I had
time to kill and had nothing else to do.

For lunch, I went to a bakery with Gavin, Cassie, Heather and Andrew.
It was a nice little place. We had a good time. Although I was needing
a nap and didn't contribute much to the conversation. They started
talking about voting and politics. I kind of got the feeling that maybe
only one other person in the group was going to vote for Bush. It ticks
me off.

It's funny how much America is copied here. Sydney is pretty western
(at least from what I've seen). I mean, all their movies and TV shows
are the same as ours. Except they're behind. Movies don't come out
until like a month after they come out in the US. And, you know the
show "The Apprentence"? They haven't even seen the ending of it yet, so
they don't know who won. So I made it a point to let everyone know who
it was.

Other US shows they have are Australian Idol, Big Brother, Who Wants to
Be a Millionaire, Wheel of Fortune, and The Price is Right. Except it's
their own versions. Some of the people were saying that their fashions
are way different than the US but I haven't noticed much difference.

By the way, sorry about the poor text formatting. I don't know of an
easy way to fix it.

No comments: