Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I Need Another Book

I finished "The Magicians' Nephew" by C.S. Lewis today. It's
the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. It was pretty
good, but not incredible. It seemed slightly geared toward
children. I do really like the magical imaginary worlds that
Lewis comes up with. It's really cool to be able to retreat to a
place like that in you mind. I'm not sure if I'll continue in the
series. Maybe once I can get them at home, if we have them.
But now I need to find another book. I really don't want to buy
one. Especially when we have so many great books at home
that I can get for free. Maybe I'll go to our school library or
something. Whatever I do I need to do it before I leave for choir
tour.

In my theology 2 class today, we talked more about Calvinism
verses Arminianism. It's good stuff. I really like my teacher. He's
a real down to earth, thoughtful guy. He's probably only in his
thirties but he's really smart. And he'll listen to your thoughts or
ideas with respect and try his best to help you understand. I agree
with most all of his views too. He holds to the calvinist viewpoint.
The more I hear him talk about it the more I'm sure that that's what
I believe. We have a pretty good class. People just ask questions
freely and truly try to understand God's word.

So I'm trying to stop popping my joints. hehe Bet you're glad to hear
that. It's pretty hard to get out of the habit. But I'm going to prove
to
myself that I can do it if I try hard enough.

I'd just like to say that sleep is great. I'm so thankful for this
particular
goodness that God has given to mankind. It's like, you can be in your
own little world, away from all that's annoying and worrisome. This
is most certainly something that one can look forward to every day.
Even if you have nothing else going for you.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeremy
I really liked your blog today. When we come to visit you I'll bring you some books. I Cant wate till I see you, its going to be so cool! Well have fun sleeping!

Love, chunky (Michelle)

Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
The Narnia books are wonderful. The one you read is not the best one. My favorite part about those books is the wonderful way C.S. Lewis portrays Aslan. It mirrors our Savior so beautifully. Keep reading them. They are geared toward children more, but a child's view of Jesus can be very awesome. Don't give up on them yet, ok?

Rachel Wasso