Friday, August 27, 2004

Productive Day

Darren was planning on getting a bike today. He found a good
deal at K-Mart. $120 for a descent mountain bike. So anyway,
Wendy was going to take him to get it, and she said she wanted
me to have one too. So she bought it for me! I wasn't expecting it.
She's like, oh it's fine, I've been working a lot lately. She's very
kind. So we both got new bikes today. They're pretty nice. Granted
they're K-Mart but still, they're not bad to get around on. It's going
to be sweet, we can take them on the trains if we want and go to
the city and ride around. No more killing ourselves by walking!

I felt like a got a lot done today. It was a good day. I went to the
immigration department downtown and got a stamp in my passport
so I can work now. I think I will apply at Coles which is a grocery
store near our house. I hear they're hiring. It will be so nice to have
a little bit of an income. I always feel bad spending so much when
I don't have an income.

Since I typed the last paragraph a few minutes have elapsed. I've
been trying to think of something a little bit more meaningful to write.
I can't think of anything. It seems like I haven't had too many deep
thoughts lately. Maybe I just need to sleep.

It's interesting, I've noticed that I've been having a lot more dreams
lately. At least dreams that I remember when I wake up. I think this
means that REM sleep is still occurring at the time that I awake. And
I think that means that I'm not getting enough REM sleep because
my body hasn't finished by the time I have to get up. Maybe I should
be getting more sleep. The Body is amazing isn't it, how it takes care
of itself?

I'll bet you're glad you read that last paragraph.

No comments: