Saturday, August 14, 2004

Thoughts of My Future

First of all, I apologize for the terrible formatting with the
pictures. For some reason blogger has some issues with
that.

Those pictures were of our visit to the Olympic park yester-
day and a little excursion Darren and I took today. It was
quite fun. We took the bikes and rode towards one of the
harbors nearby. It's always such a beautiful experience to
go to the water. There was a nice little park there too.
There was a "punt" there, which is a flat boat that runs
constantly back and forth from one side of the harbor to
the other. It's even big enough for cars to be transported
on it.

We found a little church when we were out called Hillsong.
It's not the huge one you're thinking of. Those are further
away. But this one is close enough that we're going to try
it out tomorrow.

This morning we went to some markets. They're like these
huge warehouses full of food and other junk. Like a giant
garage sale. I found a cool retro jacket for about 3 US
dollars. Not a bad deal. I think my grandma would have
enjoyed the food markets. There's like all sorts of fruits
vegetables and fish.

I really like it here. Sydney is a great place. When we were
out riding our bikes around the water we saw some really
nice apartments. And I was just thinking that I wouldn't
mind living here. It would be so cool to live in one of those
apartments with a BMW and drive to work in the city.
Especially if I had a great job, like a successful new media
design business that my brother and I start. Sean could
play in the Sydney Symphony in the Opera houses. Man
that'd be the life. It could happen too.

But wait I just thought of a problem with that dream. We'd
be pretty far away from family. Hmm...

I don't know, in a way I'd like to be in a more solid career,
like a doctor or engineer (just as examples). Money would
be less of a concern and I think I could see myself in a
more for-sure job if you know what I mean. If I could push
myself to get through the schooling I think I would enjoy
being in the science field, or medical, or something.

But I do of course still love creativity. Especially when Sean
and I can work together and come up with something
extremely powerful. A possible solution would be for me
to do the other career as my main and then be creative with
Sean sort of on the side. This way there wouldn't be as
much pressure to live off of our design job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jeremy. You were certainly missed this past week of High School camp. Sean told me about this log, though, so I will be sure to keep reading it. It sounds like Australia is amazing and I'm certainly jealous. If ever you feel like it you could send me an email, it'd be great to hear from you!
rachel wasso