Wednesday, August 25, 2004

A Visit With My Family

Hello all. Today was good. I got to talk with my family for a
long time this morning. I talked with them using iChat which
is a chat program for mac. Sean put his computer at the dinner
table and I was able to join them for dinner (by audio). It was
really cool.

My Christian artist in the industry class was today. That class
is kind of confusing to me as far as what we are expected to
do. But there aren't any tests or papers. It's great. Today we
talked about copyright policies and how and when we will
need to worry about that stuff in our careers.

We had an ASC meeting tonight. Dr. Johnston is such a cool
guy. He works so hard on our behalf and is genuinely
concerned with our well-being. He's also just such a real guy.
He shows his concern or worry or excitement on his face.

He makes these jokes that are so bad but everyone loves it.
Like this one time, one of the students was telling a story about
how someone drove by and threw an egg at her, and Dr.
Johnston says, "Well it looks like the yoke was on you." Or tonight,
this girl was using meat for some type of illustration for her
devotional and at the end he said, "That was a real meaty lesson."
You know the type. And one of the things that makes it so funny
is that after one of his bad jokes he always gets this really
embarrassed, apologetic expression on his face, like he knows
it's terrible but he just can't help it. It's hilarious.

It somewhat reminds me of my Dad's humor. Which by the way
I was able to experience a little bit this morning while talking with
my family. I had forgotten how fun it can be to laugh with my family
at my Dad's jokes.

No comments: