Thursday, August 12, 2004

Jesus' Plea For Mankind

I forgot to post yesterday. But not a lot happened anyway.
I found out the dates for sure of when my parents and
sister will be coming. I'm so excited about that. I can't wait
to show them around. We're probably going to go to New
Zealand while they're here. Sweetness. It might be kind
of awkward if and when they come to my classes. But
that's alright. People will just think it's cool.

Darren and I went to the Concord house last night to watch
a movie. He keeps teasing me about the girls there because
they called and we do stuff together from time to time. He's
probably just jealous. Hey, I can't help it if the ladies can't
stay away from me.

So Darren and I were talking about what to do this weekend.
And he kind of starts getting on my case about how I don't
like to get out and do stuff very often (it wasn't anything
serious). But I totally do. I think it just looks like I don't when
compared to him. It irks me that he makes it sound like it's
something wrong I'm doing when I want to have a quiet
evening at home. We're just different that's all. There I feel
better about myself now. A lot of this stuff is just me talking,
trying to get this stuff off my chest. I hope I don't bore you too
much.

I finished C.S. Lewis' "Till We Have Faces" today. It's a great
book. I must say I was a little disappointed in the ending. I
guess I was expecting a little bit more clarity on what the
book was about as a whole. I believe it's totally my fault that
I didn't think it was an amazing book. What I mean by that is,
I think there was some that I didn't understand and had I
understood it, it would have had incredible meaning. Of
course I wish I had understood it better. Maybe I'll read it
again some day. By the way, it's definitely worth your time.

I'd like to share an incredibly powerful thought that Chuck
Missler brought to my attention. The Bible teaches that man,
by his very existence has ample evidence to declare God as
the Almighty, worthy of all our praise. Man has no excuse not
to. When man does not it is a choice he makes to deny God.
When God became a man to communicate His love and
desire to make us one of His, He didn't always speak in the
most clear of ways. He often spoke figuratively or in parables.
Jesus apparently spoke this way because He knew it would be
somewhat difficult for us to understand. This would only make
a better case for man before God the Father when man
chooses not to believe in Him. Jesus spoke in the manner in
which he did as an act of love and compassion for us.
I want that love.

No comments: