Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Life and Love and Why

Today was good. We got to sleep in because we didn't
have to be at school still about 1. So Darren and I went
shopping in the morning. Nothing really happened all
day so I'll skip to the evening. Instead of coming home
after school we went over to the Concord house,
which is near our house. I was really hungry by that
time. We ate there with everyone. It was so good. And
it was fun to be with friends.

Afterwards we talked for awhile and than played phase
ten. Nothing of much significance happened during
this time. Just a nice time with friends. Finally Darren
and I started the half hour walk home. We both had our
iPods so we listened to them all the way home. I
listened to Glenn Beck. It was interesting. He talked
about iRobot and how the technology that you see in
that movie isn't that far off. He also talked about other
technology that's predicted, like cars that don't need
a driver, computers that are as smart as the human
brain, and other stuff. Computer screens and
keyboards are also predicted to become obsolete.
Instead of screens an implant in your eye will suffice
and your voice will replace a keyboard. Pretty cool stuff.

I heard that my rebate for iPod and Powerbook from
Apple wasn't excepted because my purchase
apparently wasn't classified as an educational
purchase. I was really ticked when I heard that. I
need to call Haddock computer to straighten things
out. I better be able to get the rebate.

I'm always thinking about the day that I will meet
my wife. I have this idea in my head of this girl
that's awesome in every way. I hope I'm not setting
my standards too high. Sometimes I wander if
the girl I imagine is really out there. I wish I
could meet her now. It seems like life would be
so much more bearable with someone like that.

But sometimes I also think that we tend to idolize
a love relationship. It will be good, yes. But things
will still go wrong. Even she will let me down. I
guess God's the only one that will truly fulfill. But
will that fulfillment ever fully develop in this life?

I have to get up early again tomorrow to catch
the shuttle to school, so I need to go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
I'll let you in on a little secret, she'll be even better than what you come up with in your head! Don't you worry about setting standards too high, it's all about what you really want/need, and the same wonderful God who ceated you happened to have created her as well, and she'll be all sorts of things that you didn't even know you wanted her to be. :) God is cool like that.
Joy.