Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Trivial Times Not So Trivial

I can't wait to see Michelle when she comes. Of course I can't wait to
see my parents either, but Michelle in particular. I kind of like her.
Her recent email sort of made me miss her more. I can identify her
individual characteristics. She's very bright, kind, funny and
considerate. It makes me sad that I can't be with her for more of her
childhood (if you can still call her a child).

It rained a lot again today. It was good. I got to sleep in and wake up
to it. To hear the sound of the rain tapping the window is such an
inviting way to enter into the day. Wendy was kind enough to take us to
school at noon. We (the students) had our lunch together. It's
unfortunate that all the American students tend to sit apart from the
others. It's not always the case, but generally. It's easy to complain
about but hard to move.

Tonight Darren and I rode our bikes in the rain to the Concord house
where the ASC meeting was being held. Thankfully we didn't get soaked.
The meeting went well. It's always fun to see everyone. They are
usually a pretty entertaining and informative time. Some of those guys
are so funny (including the director) and we spend a good part of the
time laughing.

These days are going by so quickly. I can't believe it's already been
nearly a month. But at the same time it seems like I'm always waiting.
Waiting for the bus, waiting for class to start, waiting for class to
end... It makes me wonder what I'm living for. It's so easy to think
that all this time of waiting is meaningless and the only good times or
times worth living are on our breaks or the weekends.

But the truth is God planned every moment in my life. That's something
I need to work on, enjoying every moment God has given me. The majority
of my life is the not-so-fun-times anyway. So obviously God
purposefully put those times in my life. I need to change my attitude
from just getting by to the next cool thing to using every moment to
further God's Kingdom. Certainly not an easy task.

1 comment:

Doc4Him said...

Jeremy:

Times for waiting are certainly planned by God, as you note. See if there is something He wants you to do during these times (reviewing His Word, interacting with someone, etc.).